Saturday, December 8, 2007


Headed over to the Flamingo to see the Second City Las Vegas show. I used what little contacts I have to get free tickets. I was excited to see the sketch revue that Shelly had co-written and used to perform in, and was curious to see what other ex-Chicagoans I might recognize in the cast.

As the lights came up on the show, though, I realized that I'd somehow gotten tickets to the fully improvised show that the understudies perform, and not the scripted revue. Disappointing. The show was not bad, the performers, none of whom I recognized, did a fine job, it just wasn't the show I wanted to see.

And sitting there, I couldn't get past the thought that everyone around me had paid about $50 to see old (to me anyway) improv games like, "The Dating Show" and "Dah-Doo-Ron-Ron." Everyone seemed to enjoy it, though.

As I left the theater there was already a long line waiting for the next show on that stage, a non-Second City (I assume) topless revue called, "X Burlesque."

No comments: