Friday, December 28, 2007


Back in Chicago.

Last night I was on 'Chicago Tonight.' WTTW called iO and Second City looking for performers to be part of a live "irreverent" round-table discussion on the biggest news stories of '07. Glynn (far right) and I represented Whirled News, while Seth and Joey were there through Second City's Touring Company. It was all thrown together very last minute. I don't mind admitting I was nervous.

As we were about to go live, the stage manager hooked up our mics and checked our light.

Stage Manager: [pointing at Glynn] Number 4, you look pretty hot. [chuckles] Don't worry. That's a lighting joke.

We all threw out the obvious responses to that. "I'd like to take you out to dinner. That's a lighting joke." "Can I kiss you on the mouth? Lighting joke."

Stage Manager: What are you all here for? What do you do?
Glynn: That's a good question.
Joey: I guess we're... "local comedians"? Or at least that's what they'll probably introduce us as. Something like that.
Stage Manager: Oh. Comedians. So... my joke probably wasn't that funny, huh?
Me: No. No. It was good.
Seth: We laughed.
Joey: It was funny.

1 comment:

John P. Glynn said...

As the screen capture suggests Seth, Joey & I spent the entire interview in marvelous adoration of Arnie's mugging.

- jpg