Tuesday, January 8, 2008


I was going to write about how, back in college, I saw a hand dryer with the words, "push button, receive bacon" graffiti-ed onto it and how it's stuck with me over the years as one of my favorite jokes.

But a quick google search shows that the joke is all over the internet (and scribbled in truck stops all over the nation) already. You can get an animated avatar of it for your message board profile and there are several t-shirts for sale on Cafe Press.

Google's predictive text figured out what I was going to type before I got past, "push button r..."

push button radio
push button release
push button receive bacon
push button recliners

It was as if I said, "Stop me if you've heard this one..." and Google replied, "Oh yeah, stop, I've heard that one. Wanna buy a t-shirt?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember seeing a hand dryer that said "free bacon" and it has stuck with me to the point that I always consider sharing it with others through my own graffiti. Unfortunately, I never seem to have a sharpie in a public restroom.
-JSG

bad influence girl said...

Damn! And I thought that was MY funny little joke that only I saw and no one else knew.