Thursday, January 17, 2008


I was supposed to participate in a 'Halo 3' grudge match on XBox Live between Chicago improvisers and New York improvisers. Unfortunately, Young's XBox 360 started flashing the red ring of death, so I had to drop out. It's okay. I'm terrible at 'Halo.'

Still, while the XBox is off getting repaired, I'm not going to be able to play the stack of games I've been meaning to finish/start (that stack is on top of the stack of books I've been meaning to start/start). For the next few months, no more exploring the watery objectivist city of Rapture, no more rocking out with my Rock Band band, Secret Boyfriend, and I can't even begin to figure out why "the cake is a lie."

This might be a good time to work on my numerous neglected creative projects. I haven't updated my sketch comedy podcast, Premisey, in months. I have a series of six videos about the end of the world that I shot four years ago and I only ever edited half of them. Then there are various screenplay ideas, and the cooking show I always half-jokingly say I want to do.

Or... I could play some Wii games instead. 'Super Mario Galaxy' here I come!

2 comments:

Shaun said...

That happens a lot. It's like the XBOX 360 is built with a deep depression and decides to kill itself rather than let you go on with your happiness. By the way my gamertag is Doctor Failure, if it ever gets fixed, and if you ever see a need to play me online.

Unknown said...

Super Mario Galaxy is a shit-ton-o-fun.