Thursday, January 3, 2008


The Chicago SketchFest starts this week. It's a good festival and gets bigger every year. Rumor has it it's well surpassed the yearly Improv Festival.

That said, the posters are terrible. I have yet to hear a positive thing about them from anyone. I remember the first year of the festival the posters were decent, if a little bland. Each year the festival has gotten bigger and better and each year the posters have gotten worse. Last year they had them all hanging next to each other in the Theater Building lobby so you could easily chart their decline.

The last few years the posters have featured a naked picture of the festival's executive producer. When the subject comes up he laughs and shrugs, "They talked me into it."

But he's naked in his headshots too. I guess the dude just likes being naked.

Still, go see some shows.

2 comments:

blob bladewig said...

Thank you for continuing to blog.
I always enjoy reading your posts on all of your blogs.

You didn't like the terrible cartoon "characters" for the sketchfest posters 2 or 3 years ago?

Naked Brian posters ran last year as well.

Unknown said...

Jesus Christ, Comic Sans? Really? That makes me plumb sick to my stomach. Anyway, hope you are well. I'm linking you on my blog nowadays, hope that is ok with you.

-Jeremy G.