Tuesday, January 1, 2008


At about 2 in the morning at Duffy's party I overheard/half-participated in this conversation near the keg in the basement.

Dunbar: You should come and see my show at Sketchfest.
Thea: Yeah. Maybe.
Dunbar: Here, I have some of the music I made for the show on my iPhone.
Thea: Oh?
Me: You have it on your iPhone?
Dunbar: Yeah, here...
Thea: You don't have to...
Dunbar: [holding iPhone near Thea's ear] Listen.
Thea: I can't really hear it...
Dunbar: [digging in pockets] Hold on.
Thea: That's okay, I don't need to hear...
Dunbar: [pulling out earbuds] No no no... listen...
Thea: Uh, okay...

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Thea

Currently performs with:
Let's Get Out of This Terrible Sandwich Shop (her band)
Love is Dead

Past shows/groups:
Jazz Hands Across America
Zero Minute Walk
Ned Beatty
Anton Chekov's Bastard Child
Danse Macabre
The Panic Broadcast
Thea Lux Will Sell Out for Money
Hogwash
58 - A Comedy About Bike Messengessengering
Splatter Theater
The Invention Show

(Thea also used to work as a writer at Jellyvision)

Arnie said...

Griggs, an improviser and writer of the book 'Guru' wrote this on his blog:

"The incident that he describes is very familiar to me. I've been in that situation sooooo many times.

"In fact, I've been in that exact situation.....with Dunbar before.

"About 4 years ago, we were at the DSIF in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Dunbar sang an entire song from his sketch show to me at a crowded after-party. 2 hours later, an intoxicated Dunbar who had apparently forgotten that he's already told me about his sketch show, proceeded to sing the entire song all over again to me in the much more crowded after-party.

"People ask me why I don't ever go to party's. That's your reason right there folks."

Griggs' blog