Sunday, February 10, 2008


A few weeks back Timmy and I were talking about the fact that he plays janitors a lot in shows. We agreed that in our next show he wouldn't play a janitor and I wouldn't make any pop culture references.

During our next show, almost immediately, he jumped into a scene as a janitor. I thought he did it intentionally as an inside joke to me, but when I mentioned it after the show he said, "Oh, yeah, I did play a janitor didn't I? Hmm. It just seemed like the scene needed a janitor. I guess now I owe you two shows with no janitors."

We had a Diplomat Motel show tonight.

Timmy: One show down, one more to go!
Young: Really?
Me: Uh... how do you feel about the fact that you played a maintenance man?
Timmy: Hold on. There's a world of difference between a maintenance man and a janitor!
Me: Maybe, but you started talking about putting sawdust on vomit. You were a janitor!
Young: Did you make any pop culture references?
Me: I don't... think so...
Young: You called a bed a Murphy bed.
Me: That's not a pop culture reference.
Young: It might as well be.
Me: It's just calling something what it is.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

A murphy bed was a pop culture reference in 1916, when the patent was applied for by William L. Murphy.

You win, Arnie.
You lose, Timmy and Young.

Thank you, Wikipedia.