Tuesday, February 26, 2008


The internet went out over the weekend and then Monday night the cable went out as well. I was... totally lost. I am addicted to the internet and I am addicted to television. It's unhealthy, I know.

As horrible as dealing with the cable company always is, I actually really got along with the cable guy who showed up at my apartment today. We seemed to have a lot in common.

Cable Guy: Rock Band, huh? Great game. The drums are too hard for me, though.
Me: Me too.
Cable Guy: I stick with the guitar.
Me: Me too.
Cable Guy: This job is good for me, because I can walk around people's homes and get ideas for stuff I should get. Scope out things I should buy. [picking up video game] You like 'Bioshock'?
Me: Yeah.
Cable Guy: Well I gotta go get it.

He saw the season four Wire set sitting next to my computer.

Cable Guy: You like the Wire?
Me: I love the Wire.
Cable Guy: That's my show. I'm worried about the ending though. You seen the newest one?
Me: I saw the one that aired Sunday, but I haven't seen the next one yet because the OnDemand was out.
Cable Guy: So you saw... [trails off]
Me: Yeah, I saw [big spoilery thing that happened].
Cable Guy: I've seen the one after that. Crazy shit. Things better end good. It's my favorite show.
Me: Things usually end badly.
Cable Guy: I know. Hey, you watch the preview? You see the scenes from the next episode.
Me: Uh.. yeah.
Cable Guy: Who do you think it was that [important character] was shooting? You know what I'm talking about?
Me: I did see that. I have a guess. I wish I hadn't seen it because I think I know what's going to happen.
Cable Guy: Who do you think he's gonna shoot?
Me: Alright... I'm going to say who I think it is. But don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, because I don't want to know yet. And I'm going to look down so I can't read it on your face.
Cable Guy: Okay.
Me: [looking at floor] I think he shoots [other important character].
Cable Guy: Okay.

We were both quiet for a bit.

Cable Guy: Can I tell you if you were right?
Me: No! Don't tell me!

5 comments:

matt said...

Thank you for respecting the spoiler, I'm still several episodes behind.

In my head, when this cable guy doesn't get along with the people at the house, he just takes the things he wants.

CG: You like Bioshock?
Surly Customer: Just hook up the damn cable. [storms into the kitchen]
CG: [steals Bioshock]

HarperHogwarts said...

You should marry that guy.

Tyler said...

My last comcast guy was different.

Him: So you smoke parliaments, can i bum one?

Me: um...Sure?

Him: they have recessed filters, you can snort coke out of.

Me: I never thought of that...

Him: Sorry i'm here so early, i'm taking my girlfriend to Great America today.

Me: Fun.

Him: Can i get an ashtray?

Arnie said...

Watched episode 9 last night. My guess was wrong (although not far off).

matt said...

Guh. I'm watching episode 8 right now.