Thursday, February 14, 2008


Sarah had a ComedySportz show tonight, so for Valentine's Day I watched her perform while eating the Hershey Kisses that decorated the cabaret-style tables.

If you've never been to a ComedySportz show (I hadn't) they use a competition between two teams as a framing device for a bunch of short form games like World's Worst and New Choice. One team "wins" and one team "loses" but really its just one big ensemble putting on a show. If you watch closely you can see teams subtly helping each other out if it will make a game funnier.

The audience votes after each set of games. The couple sitting next to me seemed to take the voting very seriously. "Oh man. This is tough. This is tough. They were both good. It's gonna be close."

Sarah's team lost.

Sarah: I was a little nervous knowing you were in the audience.
Me: Really? You were great.

Afterward we went to my place and watched LOST.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new ComedySportz theater? You don't say! Is it open NOW at 929 W Belmont? Should I call 773-549-8080 or visit comedysportzchicago.com for more info? I should?

Then I will!!!!

Shaun said...

It always bothered me they spelled "sports" with a "z."

crabbydad said...

I'm just happy to see that Albert Brooks is getting gigs again.