Saturday, March 15, 2008


This is Brady, the unsung hero of Whirled News Tonight. He's pulled lights for the show since the very beginning four and a half years ago. He's probably missed less shows than anyone in the cast.

Brady: I like hanging out in the green room, and I like the show, but I don't really like running lights that much. I have tremors in my hands, so pushing buttons in the dark can be a bit aggravating. I shouldn't complain too much, though. How many people can say they get paid to watch improv?
Me: You used to perform some, right? Do you still perform?
Brady: No, I don't perform anymore. I miss the fun times from my early improv days, but I need to become a tougher guy before I try improvising again.

I've never pulled lights for a show, ever. Never touched a light board. But if Brady ever does another show, I'll pull lights for him. Then again, maybe he wouldn't want me to. I might screw it up.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Brady

shows he's done lights for:
The Awesome Show 3
Barbershop
Box Set
Feel Something
Blaire
Atlantis presents Orange
Big Yellow Bus
Armando
"Harold teams with absentee coaches"
Abattoir
The Pilot
Bent
Late Night Late Show

J said...

Brady is the best light-puller in the city. Seriously.

WNT's entire cast is rock solid, and he's a cornerstone. Boom.