Saturday, March 29, 2008


As I've mentioned before, we wear suits for the Whirled News shows. Most of us keep our suits at iO, in the upstairs greenroom. A lot of people go through that greenroom over the course of a week and in the past clothes have disappeared.

A few years back I had a sports coat go missing. I posted a message about it on one of Chicago's improv message boards, explaining that it was the only jacket I had and would whoever took it please please bring it back. The next day someone anonymously dropped it off in the theater's training center annex when no one was around.

There haven't been any thefts is a while, but for a few months it was apparent that someone was wearing our jackets during the week for some other show. We'd find paperback books tucked in the pockets. We never figured out what show was doing it.

Eddie, who's lost a couple suits over the last few years, carries his new suit ("I got married in this suit") with him to and from the show every week.

Eddie: I've had people come up to me on the street and ask if I was selling it. "You selling that suit? I'll buy it." It's happened three times. People want to buy my suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much for eddie's suit?

Arnie said...

Eddie

Currently performs with:
Whirled News Tonight
The Reckoning

Past shows/teams:
Pontoon
Sit Pretty
Dewey Fresh
Minority Retort
Mens Shark
Waking Simian
Drowing DaVinci
Toast
Dinner for Six
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with me (stage version)
What about Bob? (stage version)
Romeo's Jeans
SandBox Bullies
Midtown
Johan and Svet Present: A part time comedy
Shotgun!