Thursday, April 3, 2008


I had lunch with Margolis this week. She was the first coach of James Jackson, so I guess she was my first improv coach.

She recently left Second City after doing three runs of shows on the ETC stage (since the average Second City show runs about half a year that's a good number of shows).

Margolis: I was ready to leave, but it was sort of like college, its scary to think about what to do next. Then I thought, "you know what... I'll stay." And as soon as I thought that, as soon as I seriously entertained the idea of staying, I knew, nope, it's time to go.

So she's working on a one-woman show and enjoying being able to go out on a weekend night with her husband.

1 comment:

Arnie said...

Margolis

Currently performs with:
Virgin Daiquiri
Razzmatazz

Past teams/shows:
Second City ETC (Immaculate Deception, Disposable Nation, and Pratfall of Civilization)
Inside Vladimir
Pat Shay Dancers