Wednesday, April 9, 2008


Most of the original cast of Whirled News still performs regularly with the show. That's pretty rare for a four year old show. Jordan got too busy with Second City and left. Haskins (pictured) also left for Second City and then eventually for L.A. to write for Al Gore's cable channel, Current. The show she writes for, 'InfoMania,' debuts this week.

(Wonak, although not an original member, left to focus on grad school)

Haskins sent me this picture of herself at work (at my request).

Haskins: Here's me in my office. I am pretending to be grumpy because I am stuck on a joke. I share the office with another writer. We're trying to "comedy" it up a bit. So far, we stick a lot of random stuff on the walls.

I couldn't help but notice that one of the post-it notes reads "poonami."

A few weeks ago Haskins was in Chicago and sat in on a Whirled News show. It was fun to have her back.

Haskins: You should all move to L.A.! Old friends are better than new friends!
Marla: Don't start that! That's how it happens. One person goes out there and they start talking everyone else into moving.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Haskins

Currently performs with:
Armanda (at iO West)
AD West
Aku Aku

Past shows/teams:
Whirled News Tonight
American Dream
Armando
Chairs
Second City TourCo
Late Night Late Show
Sandbox Democracy
Hall of Presidents
Alpha Squad
Striking Out

Arnie said...

Haskins: [via e-mail] "I just read on your post that you saw 'poonami.' That's part of the wall feature 'Yeah, I Used That Word.' Poonami is what I envisioned would happen when
the sewage system of America breaks down. It can also be understood as poon-ami, but that as not my intention."