Friday, April 11, 2008


Ran into Shotts at the bar at iO. Shotts has the beard by which all other Chicago improv beards are judged. There are more of those beards these days, but his is the touchstone.

Shotts: Did I tell you I got an e-mail from someone wanting to do an improv show of all dudes with beards? Beardprov.

Of the hundreds of improv shows in Chicago, an actually pretty high percentage revolve around similar gimmicks. All fat guys. All tall guys.

Later I realized I didn't asked Shotts if he agreed to do the show. It's probably doomed if he didn't.

3 comments:

Arnie said...

Shotts

Currently performs with:
Cougars

Past shows/teams:
Otis
Brad Renfro
Felt
Sketchcore
Atticus Finch
No Means Yes
Mayhem
Serious Cowboys
Chesterfield
Somethin' Else
Dr. Shotts
BirdDog
Big Rig
International Stinger
The Good Time Charlies

Anonymous said...

Look at that smug bastard.

Unknown said...

god I miss that son of a bitch

he was the first instructor in the now defunct io south