Tuesday, May 20, 2008


This photo, taken back in November, is from the iO photo archive, taken (and sent to me) by iO's official photographer, Angela Manginelli. I forgot how crazy my hair and beard got.

The photo archive is a savvy investment for the theater. If one of its hundreds of performers eventually stumble into some kind of success, their picture can easily go up on the wall along with the other beloved and/or famous alumni.

I don't have many illusions about becoming famous, but this might be a good picture to go up on the wall if I do. It reminds me a little of some of the older pictures on the walls at Second City, everyone with beards and mustaches and unkempt hair. Back before the metrosexualization of professional comedy.

This picture might look better in black and white. If nothing else it would hide the fact that my pants don't quite match my jacket.

4 comments:

padraic said...

I promise that one day that picture will be up on the alumni wall at IO. But the caption will read, "Eddie Pina, with members of the Reckoning."

Anonymous said...

I want to know what bit O'Neill was thinking of as she opened that improv letter

John P. Glynn said...

As usual, O'Neill's character motivation was "I am an empowered career woman who must finish knitting this scarf!"

- jpg

Anonymous said...

This is likely Eddie and Arnie trying to figure out what in blazes their sit-in is doing. O'Neill, of course, is too professional to openly show her contempt.