Friday, May 23, 2008


Most shows downstairs at iO end with a game of Freeze. All the teams performing that night retake the stage to play the quick little short form game.

Some performers like it, some hate it. I think it's a nice way to end a show, but I'm not a big fan of doing it.

In theory, all the performers are supposed to line up along the back of the stage during the game. That way they're right there, and after yelling "freeze," they can dive right into a scene. Most performers, though, lurk along the sides. Hell, here's Shotts, so far from the stage he's literally in the back hallway.

For some, this is a way of hiding out during the game and not participating. Others, I think, like to dramatically emerge from the shadows with their funny scene idea, like a sniper that no one knows is there until its too late.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or some just slammed three shots of tequila and are debating internally, "I think I might be too drunk to go out there. Why did I just have three shots of tequila? I'm 32 years old. What am I doing with my li--"

FLEEZE!!!

Anonymous said...

::tags Shotts::

::meticulously takes Shotts' physical position::

"Hey everybody! I'm Shotts! I'm a huge asshole!"

Anonymous said...

::walks out back door; heads toward Taco Bell::