Friday, June 13, 2008


Sarah: We finally have a show together!

Diplomat Motel performed tonight and Sarah's new iO team also had their first show to open up the night.

When first placed on the schedule at iO, teams are given intentionally terrible pun names, I guess as a way to encourage them to come up with their own name as quickly as possible. The names are often a pun combining something in the news and the name of a veteran performer at the theater. For instance, my old team James Jackson was originally called Attack of the Sohns. That was the summer 'Attack of the Clones' came out.

(I actually don't know what the original names were for Otis and Diplomat Motel because I was added to both after they had each been in existence for a while)

On the schedule, Sarah's new team is called Joey's Haunting (I have no idea what this means beyond that it is supposedly a reference to the recovering alcoholic who just left the cast of The Real World). Tonight they introduced themselves as Diamond Barf.

Sarah: It's a temporary name until we come up with something else.
Me: I like it.

No comments: