Tuesday, June 10, 2008


As I've mentioned before I have a bad habit of constantly coming up with new side projects and then quickly abandoning them for newer randomer side projects. Most of them don't even get far enough along to see the light of day. Here's one that has...

I've been working on a podcast (along with Steve) about a fake TV show called 'Mystery Cove.' On the podcast we pretend to be the executive producers of the show, answering fan questions.

Here's what I posted on a couple different improv message boards to promote it. "I'd like to remind everyone that the third season of Mystery Cove is currently airing on FOX. We have been told unequivicably by the network that if it doesn't post better ratings this summer it will be canceled. Steve and I have put a lot of ourselves into this show over the last few years and have fought to use as much Chicago talent as possible at every level of production. I know a great number of you weren't fans of the second season and have stopped watching the show. But I think as a community, we need to support this show, even those of us who don't 'enjoy' it. As a way of reaching out to our (admittedly smaller) fanbase, Steve and I will be continuing to podcast about the production of the show, answering fan e-mails and teasing upcoming episodes."

I didn't really intend for anyone to think it was real. It was meant more as, "Hey, play along with this game I'm setting up." (There's a real e-mail address that people can send e-mails to that we read on the podcast) I got a few e-mails and there were a few forum posts, though, from people who took it as real.

Glynn: "I see Arnie and Steve on a nearly weekly basis. How have I not heard about this?" [and then later, after listening to it] "Ooooh... THAT Mystery Cove."

You can check the podcast out here. Or better yet, subscribe to it via iTunes, here (this second link will automatically open iTunes by the way).

Basically, what I'm saying is... hey, play along with this game I'm setting up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your email posted on your site somewhere?

Arnie said...

The Mystery Cove e-mail is mysterycove@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Don Davis "Major Briggs." He was great on Mystery Cove.