Monday, June 23, 2008


The second Time Ghost video is up now. You can watch it on Funny or Die or YouTube.

I'm not in this one, but I did direct it (Logan shot and edited it).

Early on I was trying to explain how I wanted a certain moment to be and said, "It's awkward, like... like someone farted in an elevator, and you're not sure if you should acknowledge it or not."

This led to jokes that from now on I would only direct via fart analogies. And then, because it amused me, I did direct that way for the rest of the day. "Look, it's like someone has been farting and farting and you finally snap at them and yell at them not to fart anymore, but then they do."

It was surprisingly effective. Those fart jokes coaxed some pretty good performances out of Young and Alex.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex's love-filled eyes are the most spooky/hilarious love filled eyes I have seen. It must be the fart directing.

stonelake said...

Keywords: Pie Thanksgiving Father Son Moustache Love Coolwhip

Arnie said...

Stonelake, don't make love weird.

Anonymous said...

But love *is* weird, Arnie. It's never what you expect.

Like when you go to fart, and you are sure that it is going to be a great fwapping cacophony, so you take it to the restroom, and when you finally get settled and nobody else is in there and you finally decide to release it, it goes like "pwoooofh", no louder than a pillow falling on a Cape Cod lawn.

Arnie said...

Stonelake, have you ever considered directing?