Friday, August 1, 2008


Hansen's been incredibly busy with work lately. Most of the last few months have been spent up in Wisconsin working on a court case.

Hansen: It's tough not seeing my daughter. My wife told me they were watching the weather channel and something came on about the weather in Wisconsin and my daughter said, "That's where Daddy lives now."

Understandably, we weren't sure if he'd be able to make it on the cabin trip this year. I mean, he'd said all year he'd be here, never said he wouldn't, but as the weekend drew closer, we mostly just didn't hear anything from him no matter how often we tried to get in touch with him (although he did pipe up once up via e-mail to make fun of Martin for canceling).

This morning, as we were all groggily stumbling around, Trupe said, "Guess who just sauntered around the side of the cabin?"

I thought maybe he was joking but there was Hansen, with a "what, of course I was coming" attitude.

Unfortunately, by nightfall he'd gotten a message on his Blackberry summoning him back to work for a last minute case-related emergency.

Still, we got one day of Hansen.

No comments: