Wednesday, August 6, 2008


About a month back I was at the ComedySportz bar and ended up hanging out with Ben for a while. He had just returned from a long stint performing in a Second City show on a cruise ship.

Ben: I hate it when people say, "hey stranger" to me. It implies some kind of ownership. I get it. I've been gone a while.

I have to admit, hanging out for an hour or two, an awful lot of people came up to him and said exactly that. "Hey stranger."

Later, backstage, Sarah and I were getting ready to leave and so was Ben.

Ben: I just have to put these pants back in the Lost and Found box.
Me: ... have you been wearing random pants from the Lost and Found?
Ben: No. I don't have a locker so I keep my show jersey in the Lost and Found box.
Sarah: You don't have a locker?
Ben: I don't even know where they are. Where are the lockers?
Sarah: Man, you have been gone a long time.

3 comments:

Arnie said...

Ben

Currently performs with:
ComedySportz
"At Warbling Thrush" (part of Triple Play)

Past shows/teams:
Rattlesnake High School
Second City BoatCo and Second City BizCo
Promise Keepers
American Dream

Anonymous said...

Also Late Night Late Show. Comment fans.

Also: I have a locker now.

-B

Anonymous said...

watch any olympic games ?
david