Tuesday, September 23, 2008


After over two years, we've reached the 100th episode of the free online 'You Don't Know Jack' game, and... we've decided to stop.

Don't worry, that's not a bad thing. There's a lot going on behind the scenes at work right now, some of it involving YDKJ, some of it involving other stuff... and I really can't talk about any of it. Except to say that it's all rather exciting.

You can check out the 100th episode here. As part of the send-off there are eight different endings depending on how well you do. Some are wacky, some involve different recurring characters, some are surprisingly heartfelt(-ish).

[My favorite, I think, is the one where Cookie, the host, starts sobbing in despair and begins riffing on PD69 (I've changed his username here), a strange messageboard troll we were plagued by/fascinated with for a while. "[sobbing] I don’t have any friends at all. This is the only thing that sustains me. [blows nose] You know, I even miss that son of a bitch PD69. I [beep]ing hated that guy. I hated him with a passion. Ah. We all thought it was Nate. Was it Nate? Was that Nate trying to just [beep]ing ruin everybody’s life with that bull[beep]? Nah… it was some dude. Some very lonely dude. You know, probably a chronic masturbator. Lives at home… with his mom. Probably has a cat. I understand. We’re the same. We’re the same PD69! I’m no one to judge. I’m really not. He without sin, cast the first stone, you know. [long sobbing]" I wish I could take credit for that writing but it was all improvised by Tom Gottlieb, who does the voice of Cookie.]

The reactions in the comments section have been overwhelmingly positive, although, so far no one seems to have figured out there are multiple endings. They keep vaguely referring to it as "fitting" or "epic," not giving each other enough clues that they're hearing different things.

1 comment:

Chip said...

Aww, shame it never got out of beta, huh? ;)