Sunday, September 21, 2008


During the wedding reception, some of the older guests told Sarah and I that the priest reminded them of Robin Williams in "that wedding movie where he's the priest." We politely responded that we hadn't seen that movie, but, yes, the priest was very funny.

Here's Sarah with the bride, Kara.

Kara: The priest was great. But it was weird... we had to have these pre-wedding sessions, and at one point he asked us, "What if Kara gets a big opportunity and has to move to Hollywood? How would you both deal with that?" And I was, "Oh, that's in the past. I've given that up." He leans in, very serious, stares me in the eyes and says, "You haven't given it up." What?! He says, "I don't believe you. You haven't given up on your dream." I was like, you're killin' me here, Father! [takes drink] And just now, as he was leaving, he stopped me and whispered, "I'll be praying for you, that you make it big."

3 comments:

John P. Glynn said...

I'd submit that "older" is a redundant modifier when describing wedding guests who thought Robin Williams was funny in a movie.

- jpg

Shaun said...

Also, people keep saying "Robin Williams is really good at improv" and it makes me angry.

Walking Into Pictures said...

Nothing says 'congratulations on your marriage' like a friendly boob rested on a boob.