Friday, September 26, 2008


While writing jokes for the 'You Don't Know Jack' game, I would frequently write in bizarre and complicated sound effects, knowing that other people (Poland) would have to figure out how to make them work.

I seem to have done the same thing with this Whirled News sketch show, writing a scene that involves video, audience participation, wired voting paddles... basically a lo-fi DIY take on real-time polling. I wrote the sketch thinking mostly about how it seemed like an amusing idea, and very little about how it would actually work.

Luckily Glynn and Chin have figured out all the technical stuff, turning my dumb little idea into a very cool interactive piece that I'm excited about performing in the show next week.

1 comment:

John P. Glynn said...

Please forgive my inability to Photoshop "magical centaur police officer" from your original draft.

- jpg