Friday, December 21, 2007


My annual holiday meat-scursion with some friends. Hansen (far left), Nick (second), Trupe, Meador, Young and Martin (not pictured, due to having a show during the first half of the evening).

We had dinner at Fogo de Chao, a fancy Brazilian steakhouse, where endless skewers of meat are brought to your table. This year we all ate "too much" rather than "dangerously too much." We're getting older.

After that we went to one of Hansen's lawyer hang-outs, the bar in the Four Seasons Hotel.

Me: Should we exchange gifts here.
Nick: I don't know. This place is too fancy for some of my gifts.

We were going to take taxis from Fogo to the Four Seasons, but as we stepped out of the restaurant, the driver of a ridiculous stretch Hummer limo, approached us and said, "I'll take you all there. $35."

Hansen: Oh, we HAVE to do this. I'm paying. Everyone in.
Me: Maybe could he drop us off a couple blocks away from the hotel?
Hansen: Oh no. Front door. All of us crawling out of this thing.
Meador: Hansen, is there a weird experience you can't resist?
Trupe: I think Hansen has a novelty gland.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Hansen

Previous shows/groups:
Concept Album
Toast
Reverend Meeker
Chesterfield
The Universe
Lane 5
Pontoon
Totally Free Checking
Wigmore Follies

J said...

My Fogo de Chao experience was less meat, more delicious variety of breads.

Pad didn't lecture me, but apparently filling up on bread could get me killed in certain circles.