Saturday, December 15, 2007


After tonight's Whirled News show, Chin (far right), the director and original creator of the show, gave Christmas gifts to the cast (those of us who were there, anyway, attendance for most shows gets a little sparse around the holidays). Awesome black hooded sweatshirts with the Whirled News Tonight logo over the heart.

Glynn: Thanks. This is so much more useful than the journals we got last year.
Me: I'm rarely introspective, but I'm often cold.
Shane: They say "2008."
Eddie: They're from the future!

7 comments:

padraic said...

I am proud to say that it took me less than 24 hours to get a huge blob of BBQ sauce on mine.

Represent.

Anonymous said...

You guys should go to the Twin Cities Improv Festival. Just a suggestion.

John P. Glynn said...

Just to clarify, I said "I'll use this a lot more than the journal". The difference is my laziness -- not the inherent usefulness of the (very excellent) journal.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a personal issue that would be best explored in some kind of journal.

Anonymous said...

funny. the sweatshirts look purple. not black. unless that's the magic of improv.

padraic said...

Actually, within a few minutes of receiving the sweatshirts we washed them on "hot" with Safeway detergent five or six times. They just faded a bit.

Also, I would love to do another festival, as long as it's not colder than Chicago at the time.

padraic said...

Oh, and as for the journals, my mom stole mine when she came to visit earlier this year, then xeroxed and mailed me the pages I'd used so she wouldn't have to tear anything out of the book. She wants to get reproductions made so she'll have a stash of WNT journals to use, but is worried about copyright infringement.