Sunday, December 16, 2007


My oldest sister, Julie, sent me this picture from Ohio of my nephews, Ty and Will.

They are wearing basketball jerseys for the college team that my Dad coaches. I don't know if you follow sports (I mostly don't) but you may have heard about the small Division II basketball team that beat Ohio State University in a preseason exhibition game. That was my dad's team.

Ty and Will's favorite new game is to pretend like they're running out of the locker room onto the court or field before a sporting event. I got to see it while I was home over Thanksgiving. They go into the next room, and my brother-in-law, Matt, yells, in his best announcer voice, "Introducing, number 1, Tyyyyyyyyyy!!!" They run out, everyone claps, then they go back and do it again.

Matt: It was Ty's idea in the first place. One day he whispered, "Dad, dad, announce me. I'm going into the other room. Announce me." It took me a second to figure out what he was talking about.
Dad: It's a big moment when the players come out. Everyone's watching and cheering. Kids love it. It's the drama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I used to do chalk up with imaginary chalk, do gymnastics routines (a.k.a. running and doing a semi-handstand on the stairwell), but the important part was sticking the landing, and holding your arms up perfectly for the judges. PLANT the LANDING.

I recall we got extra points for looking out of breath.