Friday, January 25, 2008


Meador is now in his second week of nursing school. He's started a blog about it.

As he wrote in an early entry, "In the lab, we use manikins (yes, it is spelled correctly) to practice skills. Today we gave a bedbath, changed linens, used bedpans, practiced getting patients out of bed, and learned how to use various restraints. I saw a lot of plastic perineums."

The manikins seem pretty high tech, simulating heartbeats and various other body noises. Here I imagine Meador is thinking, "Sounds like... incomtrol?"

Meador: [via e-mail] My blog needs a name and I hope you guys could help me with it. All I can think of is 'Bedpans and Broomsticks.'
Young: I would call it 'Straight to the Heart.' Then tomorrow at school, open up somebody's chest cavity.
Me: 'For Better or For Nurse.'
Hansen: I'd call it 'GAY! The story of a gay student nurse who is gay.'

Meador went with 'Bedpans and Broomsticks.' You can check it out here.

No comments: