Friday, January 11, 2008


For anyone interested in my recent 'Chicago Tonight' TV appearance, Glynn ripped the show to audio. You can hear it (all 14 minutes of it) here:


"Chicago Tonight"

You're not missing much visually, except maybe when the host explains that Whirled News Tonight is spelled "W-H-I-R-L-E-D," I nod with a weird smarmy ironic smile as if to say, "Yes, it's true, that's how it's spelled."

It's hard seeing yourself on TV. I felt like I looked greasy, but Young assured me that's just how I always look. Glynn was self-conscious at what he described as his, "nervous tics [being] off the Tourette's hook" (something I didn't notice until after he pointed it out and even then it wasn't that bad).

Me: [via e-mail] Is that why you just ripped an audio version and not video?
Glynn: My awkward angle and constant fidgeting did have me in a crippling panic that night to the point where I was pretty much ready to quit performing (if not public life altogether) ... but really it was just easier to capture and share the audio.

1 comment:

Katie Jane said...

arnie- i missed it, but my mom caught it. she told me she thought you all were very clever.