Thursday, March 13, 2008


Speaking of moving, Poland has moved. He telecommutes to the Jellyvision office from Michigan via webcam. We have him set up on a TV in the middle of the office. Recently he moved from his basement to a room on the second floor of his house.

Poland: I set myself up in the basement because my recording stuff is down there. But I can have my office up here where its livable and there's some sunlight, and just go down to the basement when I need to record music. It took me three years to figure that out. My wife suggested it the second week I was down there, but I didn't figure it out until now.

The televised view of his new office is a color explosion compared to the drab grey basement. Watching him from here I feel like we're the first family on the block to get color TV. Or, to use an example from my own childhood (instead of my Dad's), it's like when 'Family Ties' went to Europe, and suddenly the episode was shot on location on film. Everything looks different and better.

9 comments:

crabbydad said...

So wait, do I get to have a French girlfriend for like two weeks?

Shane Wilson said...

No, but you do have to unmask a Soviet spy in the House of Lords.

tamara said...

YES! Poland is probably my favorite person featured in your blogs.

Anonymous said...

does anyone ever just sit and look at poland? does poland get caught doing weird things?

Anonymous said...

Is Poland his real name, or last name?

Anonymous said...

I love how, in the lower right corner of the photo, we see you taking a photo of the TV.

crabbydad said...

No, Evan, that's actually part of my shirt. It's just a coincidence that I was wearing that shirt on that particular day.

Innisanimate said...

I liked when your shirt had a picture of Gabe drawing a penis in Allard's sketchbook.

Shaun said...

I don't know what it is, but I think Poland should be transmitted onto the office wall via a projector screen like Big Brother.