Thursday, March 6, 2008


I am the tallest member of Diplomat Motel. Laura is the shortest. For some reason we always end up standing next to each other in onstage line ups.

We run onstage to open the show. Oh, look, I'm standing next to Laura. We join the back line for a show-closing game of Freeze. Oh look, Laura again. The tallest next to the smallest.

I wonder if performers gravitate towards certain areas of the stage. For me it's stage left. Although in Whirled News I hang out stage right. It probably has something to do with the fact that we enter stage left downstairs and enter stage right upstairs. I guess I stay close to the exits.

4 comments:

blob bladewig said...

Laura looks like she's 7 years old.
what a great picture.

Anonymous said...

This picture is a keeper for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Colleen and I watched this show. We were whispering back and forth that "Someone's little sister has wandered onstage!" and "These guys are so nice to let her pretend she's on the team!" and "Her parents must be loving this! Where are they sitting?"

Arnie said...

Laura

Currently performs with:
Diplomat Motel

Past shows/teams:
Merman
Mr. Sir
Dinner for Six
The Whethermen