Friday, April 25, 2008


Whirled News has been selected to perform in the Chicago Improv Festival again this summer, and tonight we participated in a preview performance for the festival at Second City's Donny's Skybox (only the THIRD most important stage in the Second City building).

Despite all this blogging, I don't do a lot of self-promoting. I didn't tell anyone about the CIF preview, but my boss, Amanda, serves on the CIF advisory board and corralled a bunch of my co-workers to come see the show.

I thought the show was a little below our usual quality level. Or maybe I just get self-conscious when people I know are in the audience.

Amanda: Really? I thought it was funny. I liked it better than the last time I saw the show at iO. And you know I'd tell you if it was bad.
Me: It's true. You don't really pull your punches.

No comments: