Monday, June 16, 2008


This is the group picture the Diplomat Motel took a little over a year ago when I first joined the team.

iO teams are naturally in a state of flux. People join. People leave.

If this were the picture from 'Back to the Future,' some of us would be gone, others fading away. Trupe has been on hiatus since his daughter was born. Young recently decided he wanted to take time to focus on other performing opportunities. Meador isn't in this picture (he couldn't make it that day) but he's still on the team. Since starting nursing school I know he's worried that the time may eventually come when he'll get too busy for improv. Luckily that time hasn't come yet, but we all know it's in the possible future.

Also, McCrackin has stepped down as our coach. We sort of talked him into doing it in the first place. As he wrote to us, "I don't like that Harold players have to pay coaches out of pocket in order to perform. I think it's a wrong practice and I don't want to be part of it anymore. I'd happily schedule another rehearsal to tide you over until you find a replacement coach, so long as you don't pay any money to me for it."

Despite all this, we haven't had any attendance problems (pretty much everyone agrees the teams at iO are too big anyway) and we've had some good shows lately.

No comments: