Tuesday, June 17, 2008


I'm not sure how I got on this particular mailing list, but I've started getting packets from Highlights magazine, trying to get me to subscribe.

I used to love Highlights as a kid, and the how-many-things-can-you-find-hidden-in-this-picture drawings have become hardwired into my comedy brain. I wouldn't call it a go-to, but on a few occasions I've made Highlights references in improv shows. "There's a cat hidden somewhere in this scene. Can you find it?"

We're doing a small project at work for a client and I pitched a similar "what's wrong with this picture?" children's game idea.

This is a small part of one of the pictures I got in the mail from Highlights. There were supposed to be six things hidden , but for the life of me I could only find three.

This section only includes one. (Can you find it?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post the entire page? I'd love to look for the other five things!

Arnie said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48844525@N00/2593670933/sizes/l/

Here's the full picture. There are six things.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Paintbrush, apple, carrot, nail, comb, and WHAT? This is driving me nuts.

John P. Glynn said...

There appears to be an anthropomorphic dog hiding in that tank top.

jpg

Tab Parker said...

What makes this hard, is we don't have the list of what's hidden. I think the thing is the bottom pattern of the sweater, which is different than the other stripes. It resembles a scrub brush or a toothbrush. But without a list that includes 'scrub brush', we will never know.

Jason said...

Oooh! Oooh! It's a saber-toothed tiger's fang with a mushroom cloud on top.

No?

blob bladewig said...

It's the blade part of a giant saw facing upwards, behind that dog with a human hand, in front of the tree.