Sunday, July 6, 2008


I couldn't talk anyone into seeing 'Wanted' with me, so Sarah finally felt sorry enough for me to agree to go (compromise: we had to see 'Sex and the City' afterward).

Meador said he'd maybe go, but maybe usually means no.

I left him a voicemail this morning saying, "Meador. You've led an ordinary life up until this point, but I'm calling to tell you that you are really part of a secret society of assassins. It is up to you to decide whether to embrace this life or stay with the empty life you have. Your orientation film will be showing at the Evanston theater at 1:20."

Meador: Dammit, Arnie! I wasn't going to go, I have too much homework, but your voicemail got me. I think the fact that you called it an orientation film clinched it. Was that your Morgan Freeman voice?
Me: What? No.

The movie was good stupid fun.

Me: Meador, what if you got orders right now to kill Sarah and I?
Meador: I'd feel terrible about it, but I'd have to do it. The code is the code.
Sarah: Oh no.

We couldn't talk Meador into see 'Sex and the City' with us too. That movie was equally stupid and equally fun.

1 comment:

John P. Glynn said...

Lucy Marr is in it?!

I am SO there.

- jpg