Friday, August 15, 2008


One of the things I love about improv is that you don't have to worry about sets or costumes or props. That said, whenever I sit in on a late night show at the ATC it's fun to perform on whatever set they have up for their current play. Currently, the play is about Jim Jones and the stage is lined with shelves full of document boxes.

In this picture the opening group does a scene set in a bookstore, occasionally wandering in and out of the aisles.

As freeing as it is to invent whatever you want in a show because you're not limited by anything physical actually being there, it's a nice change of pace to play off real scenery.

I was convinced someone would initiate a Raiders of the Lost Ark scene, but no one did, and for once I refrained from going for the obvious pop culture reference myself.

3 comments:

Brett said...

The stage was the same last week when I did the show and yes I did do a Raiders or the Lost Ark Scene. I'm sorry you missed it.

Adal Rifai said...

I made the blog!!!!

Shaun said...

That would have been a tiny Ark.