Sunday, October 12, 2008


Struggling actors/improvisors end up taking all kinds of odd jobs. For instance Carrie and Niki, from my old improv group James Jackson, were both in the coin operated light gun video game, 'Target Terror.' An arcade game where you shoot terrorists.

Carrie plays the news reporter at the opening of each level, and Niki plays several live-action characters throughout the game, like, Sexy Female Asian Terrorist and Innocent Bystander With Pigtails That Seems To Be Wandering Around Oil Tanker For No Apparent Reason.

Once, on a lark, Young and I played through almost the entire game at an arcade, wasting more and more quarters so we could keep shooting our friends. According to Young we spent about $40, which seems crazy to me now, but he's probably right.

I recently found out that the game is now out on the Wii. In fact, it's been out for months. The reviews were terrible (the reason I found out about the Wii release at all, was that it was included on a list I stumbled across on-line of awful broken games). So, of course, I bought it. Used.

Kid Working At Video Game Store: We have a USED copy of this? I can't believe anyone bought this game.

I e-mailed Carrie (who's back in Chicago after a summer internship working for 'Ugly Betty' and 'Pushing Daisies') and Niki (who has retired from Second City's ETC stage, and I believe is moving out west soon) to find out if they knew about this development.

Carrie: I'm so glad I haven't seen it. I think I'm the most terrifying part of the whole thing.

Niki never e-mailed me back. I'll have to vent my frustrations over being ignored by shooting her characters.

1 comment:

goody said...

This nasally reviewer didn't care for it but you can see both Carrie and I think Niki in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqNQJMhmR4Q