Saturday, October 11, 2008


The usual Whirled News postshow dinner and drinks at Salt and Pepper.

We talked a bit about the special Election Night Show we're going to do on... well... election night. A place for people to come and drink while they watch election coverage, with us doing bits (some preplanned, some spur of the moment) during the commercials. They did it four years ago (I was in Arizona at the time and missed it).

Shane: It was a lot of fun. People played Halo. Marla and Padraic had a debate about why people from their home state, Florida, keep messing up elections. Of course, things got progressively sadder as the night went on.
Marla: Oh yeah. Some of the audience was crying.

Steve talked about a show he'd done recently with another group he performs with at iO, Bullet Lounge.

Steve: We asked for a suggestion from the audience and someone yelled out, "Sarah Palin." So the opening turns into us saying, "You know, we should pick an inexperienced woman out of the audience and have her do the show with us. Be our Sarah Palin." And we picked some girl out of the audience, it turns out she's a level three student, I think. And we made her be in every scene. Halfway through the show I started thinking to myself, "Wait, by the very premise we've set up for this show... did we want or expect this audience member to do badly?" But she was great. She did a really great job. So, take that however you want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it too early to ask about next year's blog??? Please tell me you'll hava another A year in pictures...

Arnie said...

I'm sure I'll do another one at some point, it's just all a matter of when.

I always say I'm going to take a long time off and then never do. We'll see.